Google+ Running in Cork, Ireland: Yohan Blake beats Usain Bolt in 200m race in Jamaica...

Monday, July 02, 2012

Yohan Blake beats Usain Bolt in 200m race in Jamaica...

In the final of the 200m at the Jamaican Olympic trials, Yohan Blake has beaten the Olympic champion and world record holder Usain Bolt...

.
 Jamaica National Championship Meet...6/28/2012 to 7/1/2012......Jamaica Athletic Administrative Association...National Stadium, Kingston                     

Event 4  Men 200 Meter Dash
=====================================================================
    Name                     Age Team                    Finals  Wind
=====================================================================
Finals                                                              
  1 Blake, Yohan                 Racers Track Club        19.80  -0.5
  2 Bolt, Usain                  Racers Track Club        19.83  -0.5
  3 Weir, Warren                 Racers Track Club        20.03  -0.5
  4 Ashmeade, Nickel             Unattached               20.16  -0.5
  5 Carter, Nesta                Mvp Track Club           20.45  -0.5
  6 Forte, Julian                Mvp Track Club           20.70  -0.5
  7 Young, Jason                 Racers Track Club        20.71  -0.5
..
In a post race interview, Usain Bolt said....."Definitely, I have something to prove. I'm the Olympic champion so I have to show the world I am still the best. It's not like I was blown away, I know what I need to do to get it right. I just have to get my stuff together. It's all about putting in the work. I need to figure out what I did wrong and just work on that. I'm a little bit weak but I have a few more weeks to get myself back into shape. I'm not far off, I know I can get it done, I'm not worried. Everyone is talking about Yohan Blake and he is proving himself as one of the greatest, but for me it is just going back to training and work on what I need to work on and get it done. I can never be discouraged. I'm never worried until my coach gets worried and my coach is not worried."
..

No comments: