Google+ Running in Cork, Ireland: Guest Post: The Love of Running ...by Pat Walsh

Sunday, February 14, 2021

Guest Post: The Love of Running ...by Pat Walsh

 💖💞 The Love of running 💖💞
Valentine's Day this weekend and I have no notion of talking all sweet gooey stuff or wild romantic drivel. This is a safe zone. I wouldn’t know how to do it anyway. 😃 

What I ask of you is to look at yourself and love what you do.
Run when you can,  but relax and allow yourself days off when it just is not possible to run for a variety of reasons. Love yourself enough not to be killing yourself. 🧐🤔

It isn’t easy at the moment and this was the hardest week of weather in a while. Throw in all the restrictions and doom talk and it is easy to have missed a day or 2.


My plan last week for 10ml Patrick’s Day was flexible and 1 bad week won’t affect it.
Maybe start next week again and if you like delay the proposed 10 mile for another 2 weeks until Easter. It was only meant as an interim goal to get us through the next 2 months. Based on current predictions there will be no mass gatherings anywhere this year so go easy on yourself.
💖💞

Fall back in love with running and that can only happen when you take the pressure off yourself. Having a tough plan that is hard to follow only sets you up for failure and disillusionment. Just go out relax and enjoy your miles.

Leave the watch at home sometimes and instead count the number of birds species you see.
💖💞

I want to remain positive and I can only do that if I set myself up for success with realistic goals.  If I run I want to enjoy it and love the act of running and what it brings.

It will get better, the local restrictions will go in time and our running groups will increase so if there is 1 goal you should aim for, it is to be ready to resume with your buddies once we get the green light. There is little point in getting the permission to run and mix again and you finding yourself unfit and out of shape.
💖💞

Again and it is an act of love. Make contact with your running buddies and see that they are doing Ok. They would love to hear from you. 

Hoping to do a Valentine virtual run for Irish Heart Foundation this weekend so maybe we get a break in the weather to let us run.

Take care, have a lovely weekend and honest, I do love you all.
💞💖

"Romeo, take me somewhere we can be alone
I'll be waiting, all there's left to do is run
You'll be the prince and I'll be the princess
It's a love story, baby, just say, "Yes"..." 🎼
#pwr #Survive21


No comments: