Google+ Running in Cork, Ireland: Travel times to races from Cork City...

Friday, October 06, 2023

Travel times to races from Cork City...


At the end of last week, I was updating the calendar of running events and it got me thinking about how long does it take get to various races from Cork City? I used Google to get some travel times and I put together the map above.

These are approximate times but it does show that by using the M8 motorway, someone from Cork City can reach running events that are well up the country. For example, it takes someone in Cork City about two hours to reach Castletownbere in West Cork. In that same time, they could reach Monasterevin in Co Kildare.

I know a lot of runners in Limerick, Tipperary & Waterford also use the calendar and they are even closer to the various events up the country. To reflect this, I've expanded the scope of the calendar to cover more running events and the area covered is shown in the map below.

There are loads of events coming up in 2024 so have a browse and see if there are any that interest you.

The link for the calendar is... https://corkrunning.blogspot.com/p/calendar.html

No comments: