Google+ Running in Cork, Ireland: Some other recent news items...Sun 9th Aug 2015

Sunday, August 09, 2015

Some other recent news items...Sun 9th Aug 2015

1) John Treacy shocked at leaked data showing the level of doping in athletics...Herald

2) Doping scandal leaves world of athletics reeling...Irish Times

3) Athletics Ireland statement on published doping allegations...Athletics Ireland 

4) Ireland set to be the most obese country in Europe by 2030...Irish Examiner

5) Former Irish international race walker reacts to doping scandal...Newstalk

6) Exercise in early teens 'cuts risk of diabetes'...Irish Examiner

7) IAAF welcomes statement from World Anti-Doping Agency...IAAF

8) 'The most unlikely triathlete'...BBC News Magazine 

9) 'Aggressive Sebastian Coe firing blanks in the battle against doping'...Irish Times

10) Steven Colvert was one of the up and coming stars in Irish sprinting before he failed a doping test. Article in the Irish Times

From Steven Colvert on Twitter......."Today is a sad day. After spending the last year trying to clear my name of the doping allegations, a decision has been made. Unfortunately the panel has found me guilty of doping. Something I have always been strongly against and will continue to stand against. Miscarriages of justice come in many forms, unfortunately this time it has involved me. I will be returning to the sport I love in September with my head held high safe in the knowledge that I have never doped. I would like to thank everyone whom has supported me in the last year. Unfortunately the result is not the one we were looking for. I know this result is just as disappointing for the supporters of Irish Athletics as it is for me. Once again i'd like to thank anyone who has supported me up until this point and to those that will continue to do so.  I have not given up on this fight and will continue my efforts to clear my name....Steven"

No comments: