Google+ Running in Cork, Ireland: Photographer Kieran Minihane completes his first marathon...

Thursday, June 09, 2016

Photographer Kieran Minihane completes his first marathon...

Any of you who take part in the local road races will know that Kieran Minihane is often present taking photos of the runners. At the 2016 Cork City Marathon, Kieran jumped into the deep end when he completed his first marathon, all 26.2 miles of it.


Here is some background to his marathon in his own words...."A while back , after he did his 300th marathon , I promised Jerry Forde that I would do his 400th one with him . Me and my mouth getting into trouble again of course , but since that day I have been thinking alot about doing a marathon. I know it was on my bucket list for years but I did give Jerry my word and of course. I was afraid he would be in Donegal or somewhere doing the 400th , so a number of months ago I booked the Cork one . Hence the number 6 I was wearing yesterday."

While Kieran's time wasn't going to challenge the course record, it wasn't easy either as the duration of the event took its toll which resulted in a knee injury in the later stages.

Kieran sums it up nicely in his own words..."Well i say to everyone , my adopted running club the wibbles who have been very good to me , friends in work , friends online , people who know me , maybe people who dont know me but saw me walking yesterday , people thinking about walking/running a marathon , I'm probably the most unfit person people know, but honestly "If i can do it ................. anyone can "

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good man

Mike said...

Well done sir!!!

Anonymous said...

Well done Kieran and thanks for the many photos over the years!

Unknown said...

Well done Kieran, a Minihane speaking before thinking (unheard of) seriously though well done on your first marathon. as with the previous comment thanks to you and Doug for all the photos. see you in Dublin in October :)
Shanno.