Google+ Running in Cork, Ireland: Running in Cork photos go viral on Facebook...

Thursday, January 20, 2022

Running in Cork photos go viral on Facebook...


In the last few weeks, I have two photos which went viral on the Running in Cork Facebook page.

I took a photo of Olympic rowing Gold medalist Paul O'Donovan at the finish line of the Newmarket 5k on the 19th of December 2021. When I put the photo up on the Running in Cork Facebook page, it reached in excess of 235,000 people which is pretty amazing.

At the end of Togher 5k race, Mick Dooley took a photo of the first three women including Olympian Michelle Finn and sent it on to me. I then posted that on the Running in Cork Facebook page and it reached over 87,000 people!

I know there are loads of running related pages and groups on Facebook but many are a bit like bubbles, just reach a small number of the usual people and just get lost in the 'noise'.

I would hope that Facebook posts like those shown above reaches a much wider audience and makes a lot of people aware of the running scene in Cork.

No comments: