Google+ Running in Cork, Ireland: 800m Olympic champion David Rudisha says his best is yet to come...

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

800m Olympic champion David Rudisha says his best is yet to come...

In a recent interview, the 800m World record holder and Olympic champion David Rudisha says the world has yet to see him at his best. After winning the Kenyan Sports Personality of the Year, he said..."One would say I have it all…a World title, Olympic title and the world record but I always have something to motivate me". His future plans are to win the World Championships in Moscow in 2013 followed by Beijing in 2015. After that, he said........"From there, I will focus on defending my Olympic title at the 2016 Rio de Janeiro.  I also want to be referred to as double World champion, triple World champion and double Olympic champion”.

In the London Olympics last August, he set a new world record time of 1:40.91 in the 800m without the aid of pacemakers. As to whether he could break it again, he said......"I can start talking about improving that record now before I see how my training goes. Maybe until mid next year or in March is when I will know how my body is responding.”

Rudisha also paid tribute to his coach Colm O’Connel from Cork for nurturing his talent and transforming him to a world beater. “I want to thank the people who have contributed to my success especially my coach brother Colm, who has been with me since I was a youngster in 2004,” said Rudisha.

No comments: