Sunday, October 30, 2011
Ballycotton '10' 2012 Entry Procedure...
Here we go......the Ballycotton '10' entry procedure for 2012. If you are new to the road running scene then read on. For the regulars, the conditions are the same as previous years.
Ballycotton '10'....What is it?........After the Cork City Marathon, this is the biggest running event in the Cork region. It is a 10 mile road race in Ballycotton, East Cork and the numbers are limited to about 3,000 entries. The race is usually on at the start of March and entries usually close in early December.
If you are a non-club runner or didn't complete the Ballycottom Summer Series then you need to get that entry off as soon as the entry forms come out. There are loads of people every year that go looking for info on the race in January and February so if you are reading this then you are already ahead.
UPDATED...29th Nov2011...The Entry Form is now HERE
BALLYCOTTON ‘10’ 2012 ENTRY PROCEDURE
The entry procedure for the 2012 race (to take place on Sunday March 4th) is as follows:
1) People can apply for entry forms anytime during November (up to Friday 25th) by sending a SAE to: Ballycotton Running Promotions, Ballycotton, Co Cork (see note below). Forms will then be posted out on Monday November 28th - ideally to arrive with applicants by the following day (Tuesday).
2) The form will also be put up on the website www.ballycottonrunning.com on Tuesday evening (Tuesday November 29th) in pdf format where it can be downloaded and posted. There will also be forms in John Buckley Sports (Cork), Ger Wyley Sports (Dungarvan) and local shops in Ballycotton and Shanagarry that same afternoon.
3) The first 2,500 postal entries opened will be automatically accepted. (Updated 2nd Dec...The 2,500 limit is now FULL. Only qualifying entrants from now on. See below)
4) Entries for the following will then be accepted by post up to and including Thursday December 15th:
(a) All bona fide AAI (Athletics Ireland) registered club members.
(b) All runners who completed the 2011 Ballycotton Summer Road Race Series (all four 5-mile events).
5) Bona fide overseas entrants will also be accepted by post up to and including Monday January 9th.
6) As usual, a limited number of elite athletes will be accepted up to near race day.
REMEMBER - When applying for forms, please enclose a large (A4) SAE with the correct postage, stating the number of forms required. If more than one form is going to the same address (two or three members of the same family, etc) one envelope is sufficient.
If the correct postage is not on the envelope we cannot be held responsible for postal delays. Also, we prefer people to enter on the official form, so ask for enough of forms – there is no need to photo-copy.
If you are a club member or have ran the 2011 Summer Series (see 4 above), there is no need to panic – you have over two weeks to get your entry in. In the interest of fairness and equality, we do not have online entry – and finally the entry fee is again €15 for the 2012 race.