Google+ Running in Cork, Ireland: Guest Post: Cork City Marathon 2022... by Pat Walsh

Tuesday, June 07, 2022

Guest Post: Cork City Marathon 2022... by Pat Walsh

Pat Walsh & the crew on Patrick Street... Photo: Joe Murphy

Cork City Marathon 2022. ๐Ÿฅฐ๐Ÿƒ‍♀️

“๐ŸŽผI was born to run, I don't belong to anyone, oh no”

Great to be back after a Covid enforced break in Cork today. Of course there is much we would like to change, like putting a roof over the City for a bad day, flattening a few pulls, cutting the straight road in half, etc etc but still we love it.

It is a long time since I personally mingled with this many people and it felt great. Yes there was kisses and hugs and I will make no apologies for that.

The Cork wit can be spectacular and just so happy to be out there again have the laugh and fun with people. 

“ ๐ŸŽผFire in my lungs, can't bite the devil on my tongue, oh no”

Runners have been lost during the last 2 years but today would be a lift for anyone and encourage all to participate again.

We had Cork winners in both Marathons and a new Course record in the mens event. Congrats to Tim and Lizzie.

“ ๐ŸŽผThe midnight sky is the road I'm takin' Head high up in the clouds”

Thanks to all who help this event take place. It is work and we appreciate it.

Thanks to my own PWR Gang for their inimitable style, flair and panache. Sometime we will learn how to run fast, but maybe we would lose the fun.

Pat & the crew... Photo: Andy O'Rourke

Thanks to all the kind people who said hello or any words of encouragement. I did the half myself and was pleased just to be out there. So much we took for granted was taken and we must regain our races, our world again.

Sad to think I met people who live in the same county as myself  and have not met them for over 2 Years. May that never happen again…

#PWR #Cork

No comments: