Google+ Running in Cork, Ireland: Eliud Kipchoge sets new record of 2:01:39 in Berlin Marathon

Sunday, September 16, 2018

Eliud Kipchoge sets new record of 2:01:39 in Berlin Marathon


Eliud Kipchoge of Kenya has set a new marathon world record with a time of two hours, one minute 39 seconds in the Berlin Marathon. That is more than a minute off the previous best set by Dennis Kimetto when he ran 2:02:57 in Berlin in 2014.

In a post race interview, he said..... "I lack words to describe this day. I am really grateful, happy to smash the world record. It was hard, I ran my own race, I trusted my trainers, my programme and my coach. That's what pushed me in the last kilometres."

The pace chart for even splits for this distance is shown on the left.  14:25 for a 5k!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

King of the roads...