Here are some of the reasons why it should get a good turnout......
1) It is at a time of year when most of the mid-week evening races have stopped.
2) It is in Cork City with a huge number of runners within its catchment area.
3) The 5km course is very fast, has an Athletics Ireland permit and has been accurately measured by Jones Counter.
4) 80% of it is on quiet public walkway.
5) Finishers get a discount voucher for Welch Sports which could easily result in savings in excess of the entry fee.
6) All proceeds go to St.Lukes Home which is a registered charity.
From the organisers......
1st, 2nd, 3rd Male/Female (1st = European holiday sponsored by RCI) (2nd = Asics Running Shoes sponsored by Welch Sports)
1st in other categories (Male over 40, 50 & 60 and Female over 35, 45 & 55)
Entry Fee: €10
Entry Includes: Timing Chip, On course water and refreshments, tea, coffee and sandwiches for all competitors at St. Luke’s Home after the race.
Registration: Primoevents or on the day between 2pm and 6.30pm at St. Luke’s Home.
All participants will receive a discount voucher from Welch Sports.
Goody Bag sponsored by 'Ronan Daly Jermyn' for all finishers including High Vis RSA Vest and Buff
Post-Race Refreshments and Prize giving – St. Luke’s Home, 8.15pm
Free draw for a pair of running shoes sponsored by John Buckley Sports.
Course Preview.......A preview of the course can be seen HERE
For more info, go to... https://stlukes5k.wordpress.com/