* Clonakilty, parkrun Number 9 *
The quest to check out all the 11 parkruns in Cork this year. Cork is a big County and we have to do road mileage to get to some of these runs. 7.45am leaving home for a 9.30 start isn’t too bad.
The usual clichés but hey are still true. Lovely people and an honest open welcome. Lots of visitors on the day as West Cork is a tourist hub this time of year.
Not sure if we can answer to ‘any visitors today?’ when we are from the same County. ‘Fake Tourists’.
We passed signs for Michael Collins Trail and replica Model T from Henry Ford. Jaysus the Yanks love this stuff. No sign of Cillian Murphy looking out over a ditch with a fake rifle thanks be to God.
All I need is a pair of running shoes and a race and I’m happy.
4.5 laps on a loop around the Showgrounds which is handy for keeping an eye on those in front and behind you. No paranoia here I say, but I was lapped by the winner fair play to him.
Thanks Annabel, Danielle, Heike, Anna and Mikey for the company. Whatever you all lack in running skills ye more than make up for in Breakfast Company afterwards. Thanks Sandra and Siobhan for gracing our table.
Insanity as a form of relaxation is vastly underestimated and we had the pleasure of company with Tom O’Riordan Watergrasshill AC on his quest to do 8 parkruns and a junior parkrun in the one day. Starting with junior in Cobh about 6am and followed with Tramore Valley, Ballincollig, Clonakilty, Macroom, Mallow, Glen River, Youghal and finally Midleton about 6pm. Pleased to say he completed his task this evening. Well done to Daniel for driving and doing some of the runs. Great effort. A Marathon of 42k completed with about 400 miles of driving in between. Congrats.
Pleased to say I ran 5k with them and drank coffee when he took off for more madness. With age comes sensibility.
Thanks to all in Clonakilty and especially Patrick Murphy, Race Director and I even got a picture with the ‘real Boss’ Sandra Walsh. ( I will be killed for this 😃 ) Our Anna was first Lady home on the run for the 2nd time in West Cork this Year. ( I can’t be killed twice thankfully )
Keep running. Have fun.
#pwr


No comments:
Post a Comment