Google+ Running in Cork, Ireland: Guest Post: Yes you can, be confident ...by Pat Walsh

Saturday, October 19, 2024

Guest Post: Yes you can, be confident ...by Pat Walsh

 * Yes you can, be confident. *

I used to post a lot about DCM a few years back, but for me, having done it a few times and decided not to repeat I’m a bit out of touch. But for many others it has been the sole driver for the last few months.

I wish you well and hope you get the same fun and enjoyment that I got for many years. I don’t have FOMO, but I do have an interest. Of course I will be following everything.

As you head to Dublin or whatever challenge lies ahead, be confident in your own ability to succeed. It is a key part of success.

‘Confidence is a state of mind that comes from knowing that you have the ability to meet the demands of situations you are likely to face.’

Why?

It lowers anxiety, heart rate and helps you perform better. More efficient.

Increases your motivation to attack this and your ability to close it out in your terms.

Enhances concentration. You know you can do it, so you can focus solely on doing your best and not wasting negative energy or thoughts.

Increases effort. I can do this so I will drive on. What Hill?

What are you actually doing? The best you can do, to be the best you.

You are an individual who is attempting to run 26.2 miles for the the fun of it. Already you are a winner. Time to show it. 

Be confident and nail it.

I leave with 2 quotes. 

1 from philosophy, 1 from Sia

‘You will never perform better that the image you have of yourself’

-

🎼 Don't give up, I won't give up
Don't give up, no no no
I'm free to be the greatest, I'm alive
I'm free to be the greatest here tonight, the greatest.

Have a good weekend.

#PWR

No comments: