Google+ Running in Cork, Ireland: Guest Post: When the answer is always the same ...by Pat Walsh

Saturday, January 07, 2023

Guest Post: When the answer is always the same ...by Pat Walsh

** When the answer is always the same **

What should I do this weekend?  - A 10 mile run

I am training for long races later in the year so what should my long run be? - A 10 mile run

I have eaten my body weight in mince pies last few weeks, what would be the best distance to lose a few ?  - A 10 mile run

I want to train for short fast races this Summer but need to build up my stamina so what distance should easy weekend run be? - A 10 mile run

I have loads of news to tell my friends and what distance would be the best to chat and get it all out? - A 10 mile run

We have a 10 mile race coming up soon, so what would be good this weekend? Easy one - A 10 mile run

I ran a Marathon last year but undecided about what races to do this Year and want to keep my training going, so what would be good to keep me ticking over? - A 10 mile run

Is 16Km better than 10 miles as a long run? Depends on your age. (I'm old 😉)

What is the ideal distance to run so that you can have a cuppa and something nice after training and not feel guilty? - A 10 mile run 

**
If you are running a 10mile every weekend then it is so easy to:
Be confident when you go to a 10 mile race and perform well.
Add a few miles and you get a good Half Marathon.
Build up a decent block of stamina if your goal is a Marathon later this Year.



**
Don’t overthink it, just go out and do it.

If you haven't quite got up to 10 yet then no worries but keep adding until you get there. It is still only January.

#PWR Have a good weekend

No comments: