Google+ Running in Cork, Ireland: Guest Post: Update ...by Pat Walsh

Tuesday, May 28, 2024

Guest Post: Update ...by Pat Walsh

 ** Update **

I may not be writing too many posts about me actually running for a while. 
Recently I wrote.
‘I’ll slow down sometime but hopefully not too soon.’

How wrong could I be? I was tempting fate.
“Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition” Monty Python…😂

Slight medical issue this week. All resolved but a few weeks recovery needed and no running. I had my appendix removed and all is ok.

Put your fate in the hands of other runners. 
Names and location not mentioned for professional reasons and please don't mention any in comments.
Dr J, a runner, saw me and without hesitation despatched me to hospital.
The nurse that checked me in 'M' is training for the Cork half. We spent time chatting about this, while we got on with the serious business. Got to calibrate my Garmin 55 Heart rate against the professional equipment. Handy..!
The surgeon is also a runner who I have encountered on the road.
I was in safe hands all the way, no worries. We look after our own. Thanks to all. 🩺

Question about mind-set.
Are you a glass half-full or a glass half-empty person?

Personally I’m a full pint with a bit of froth over the edges.🍺
I bought a new pair of runners to admire while I recuperate and dream of glory days on the road again. I will be back.
Thanks to all in John Buckley Sports. Great running shop and supporter of Cork Running. 👟👟

Don’t worry folks, I will still write rubbish to entertain you.

Cork Marathon weekend coming up. No, I am not selling or transferring my number. I can still walk. I will still get up Pana one way or the other.

Keep in touch and keep running.


#pwr

1 comment:

Darren C. said...

Best wishes for a speedy recovery, Pat!