Google+ Running in Cork, Ireland: Guest Post: In the Year 2021... by Pat Walsh

Monday, July 12, 2021

Guest Post: In the Year 2021... by Pat Walsh

** In the Year 2021 **

“Bless me father for I have sinned, I didn’t post on a Friday Morning” πŸ˜‡πŸ˜‡

but  but but in my defence I had a valid reason. 

Breaking a long-standing habit I got my long run completed early today. Thanks to my Companions AG, RC, and CMc for the chats and encouragement. The miles flew by. 

We did some group speed training last Wednesday Night and another normality has returned to my weekly routine.

The new spuds were dug as well this week and they are “balls of flour”.

I’m on a roll πŸ₯°πŸ€“

First half of this year wasn’t great but maybe the 2nd half can be better. 6 months gone, they are behind us and all we can do is focus on what is ahead of us.

The Delta variant is casting a cloud on predictions but we have more options opening to us and glad to see a few races coming into the calendar.

After my run today, delighted to see an email that Charleville Half will go ahead late September. Now I have a goal.. YES

If for some reason it is derailed then so be it, but I can focus on this for the next few months.

πŸƒπŸƒ

We have had a tough 16 months folks and it has taken its toll on all of us in different ways.

I regret I never learned to bake or play a musical instrument but I don’t regret that I have kept a decent level of fitness and can now drive on again.

I am no younger and must and make allowances for age and injuries but I can look forward to a starting line again and participating in some way or other. πŸ™ŒπŸ‘


Well done to all who have maintained fitness but don’t despair if you slipped. Just start tomorrow. Don’t put it off another day. 

Whatever regrets you may have they will multiply when you see your friends racing with race times and pics appearing. 

Have a good week. Get those running shoes on and get out that door.

πŸƒπŸ₯°

Any suggestions about posts feel free to message me. You have had enough of my old “drive on” posts so anything practical I can contribute then please suggest.

#pwr #KeeponRunning

No comments: