Google+ Running in Cork, Ireland: Guest Post: 'We used to be giants' ...by Pat Walsh

Monday, July 19, 2021

Guest Post: 'We used to be giants' ...by Pat Walsh

"We used to be giants"

When did we stop?
Just say the word and I'll be yours
You know I never forgot” -Dermot Kennedy
๐ŸŽผ๐ŸŽผ

I know I haven’t been posting much recently and thanks to those who enquired about my well-being.
I’m ok but have had a few setbacks with injuries this year. Normally I just write about what I’m doing and the general mood, ambitions and aspirations of those around me.  As I have limited running these days, then sadly some of that inspiration is lacking.
I don’t want to post negative stuff, as I do like to inspire, help and encourage people. Better to say nothing at times, there is enough negativity elsewhere.
๐Ÿ˜˜

It is said that to lift people you must be strong and have some reserves that you can pass on to others. At the moment I am doing well to keep myself going. This is not a moan or a groan or an attempt for pity. 
I am healthy and well in general and my family are good.  I have enough to eat and a roof over my head. I have friends to share with.
I have rekindled my love of the bike. Thanks MissC

I got my few running miles this morning in the heat and happy to be out there. Thanks to my buddies for the company, chats and coffee. Lovely people to share the road with. It helped me to rediscover my mojo and get back on the main task of annoying you all.
๐Ÿคฃ


So what is this post about?
It is to tell you that we all have down times, we all have a bad spell and we are human. If you think it is good all the time you are living in a fantasy world. 
We are over 500 days into this pandemic and there are a still a few twists and turns in the road, so keep the spirits up but accept it can’t be great all the time. 
๐Ÿƒ

Do the best you can and help those around you.
Reach out to others that may need help.
This will get better again and we can resume our lives in some fashion.
Nature is beautiful if we open our eyes to appreciate it.
Keep going through the hard times and it will come good again.
Smile as often as you can.
๐Ÿƒ

Oh ya…. And keep on running
๐Ÿƒ

“Hope is the thing with feathers
That perches in the soul
And sings the tune without the words
And never stops at all.” ― Emily Dickinson
๐Ÿฅฐ

#pwr

No comments: