Google+ Running in Cork, Ireland: Guest Post: The Group ...by Pat Walsh

Monday, June 07, 2021

Guest Post: The Group ...by Pat Walsh

** The Group **

“These people raised me 🎼

And I can't wait to go home” 

First effort this week at a collective run since the Christmas Holidays, all of 5 months ago and it was dreamlike. It has been such a weird, strange time.

It is such a wonderful feeling to be back among friends again. The sun came out to welcome us back. WE ARE BACK 🌀☀️

We are all different and what we need differs from person to person

Some found the solitude to be Ok and came to peace with it.

For the quiet introverted person it was a good time, without the need to be mixing with big gangs and being pulled from race to race among huge crowds.

Personally as an extroverted person, I found it difficult. I survived and I am mentally stronger but I would not like to repeat it. We changed with regulations and did what we could under the circumstances.

It was hard in the cold, wet months to just go out on your own. We had no goals and little motivation. Widening the limits and allowing you to run with 1 other was huge. For that I am eternally grateful to MissAG who had to put up with my moans, rants, silly opinions and other faults too many to mention since the start of the Year. Counselling can be organised 😍🀣

So we are now back with ‘The Gang’ and maybe easier to get out more often. Lots more ears to be moaning into but so many more friendly faces and voices that will lift us all again.

πŸƒπŸƒ


I interviewed myself…! I can do that, as I am weird. πŸ€ͺ

What are you training for?

I still have no idea and it isn’t too important. Live for the moment we are in.

What was the first group session like?

Christmas morning in a house full of children. The sound of voices and laughter was wonderful. There was a little bit of running done.

What will the emphasis be in the training session?

Just having a run, a laugh, a few miles, a getting to know one another again and get back to the friendship and support that we previously had.

Where will you do your training?

Somewhere nice and scenic where I feel part of nature

What will be the pace of the training runs?

Slow enough so that we can be having the chats

Should you be doing some speed training?

Yes is the answer, but if you have not done it for months then you do need to be careful and slowly introduce it again. The Physios of the world are already counting the money.

Will you ever get serious?

Hopefully never, but if a few races start coming along we might try to focus in on them.

Will there be coffee and buns?

You can chalk that one down. I dream of a long run and a big brekkie served to me afterwards 🍩☕️

How did you feel?

 “And I'm on my way 🎼

I still remember these old country lanes

When we did not know the answers

And I miss the way you make me feel, and it's real

When we watched the sunset over the castle on the hill”

😍😍

We are on the way back from the abyss slowly but surely. It is time for optimism and hope. Thanks Ed for a few lyrics for this article.

Have a lovely week 😍

#pwr #survive21 #keeponrunning

No comments: