Google+ Running in Cork, Ireland: Guest Post: Reasons to Run? ...by Pat Walsh

Sunday, June 20, 2021

Guest Post: Reasons to Run? ...by Pat Walsh

 ** Reasons to run? **

It is time to move on folks. The future is looking better and they could be some decent races before long.

I was injured and my own plans for a decent Half  Marathon recently went a bit astray. No failure, just refocus, new plan and we will get it done for the August Bank Holiday.

After that I am certain we can aim for an ACTUAL race. Why not.

Watched the James Vincent Mc Morrow concert recently live from Dublin with a crowd of 500 at a trial event. It is a start, it is reason for optimism. It can only get better.

When will we see a controlled trial race. All other sports are getting there.

"Sometimes my hands they don't feel like my own

I need someone to love I need someone to hold" JVM

Get out there again. I love my Weekend Long run and now the group is growing again it is brilliant.

Remind yourself of why you run. Posted something similar last year and no harm to remind ourselves.

I run to see the Sun rise and the birds singing 🌞
I run so I can eat afterwards 🍳
I run as it gives me self-worth and importance πŸ˜‚
I run so my pants still fitsπŸ‘–
I run for the wonderful company πŸ™Œ
I run for the chance of a coffee ☕️
I run to escape πŸƒ‍♀️πŸƒ
I run so I have an excuse to do nothing for the rest of the day πŸ›‹
I run to feel alive πŸ‘
I run to chat and share life with people and I missed it when it was taken from us πŸ₯°
I run to find the best of nature  🧐
I run to find a few good photo opportunities πŸ“ΈπŸ“Έ
I run for my Garmin as it loves the road and clocking up the miles 🀣
I run so I can bore non-running people πŸ€“
I still run and hope to be back at races soon πŸ˜ƒ 


Time to get moving again. Have a good weekend.

Keep the faith and keep in touch. Keep looking for positive signs. They are out there. 

**

"I will not cave under you
For my heart is an unending tomb
I will not trouble your rest
For my heart is infinity blessed"
JVM πŸŽ™

#pwr

No comments: