Google+ Running in Cork, Ireland: Overall results of the 2010 Ballycotton Summer Series

Monday, August 30, 2010

Overall results of the 2010 Ballycotton Summer Series

Last Thursday saw the conclusion of the very popular Ballycotton Summer Series with the final race in Ballycotton itself. Each race attracted between 400 and 500 runners which is proof alone of the popularity of these events. A total of 244 completed the 4 races in the series. There was a time not too long ago when 244 for one race would have been considered good!

The overall positions for the series can be seen HERE or if that doesn't work for you, try HERE

If you want to, you can still see the standings after 3 races HERE if you want to compare positions (That page may be taken down at some stage!)

The top 50 men and top 15 women received series t-shirts. The 50th position in the mens section was decided by a mere 5 seconds. When you consider that is after 20 miles and over 2 hours of running, it's really close.
James McCarthy of East Cork AC
Overall winner of the mens section of the 2010 Ballycotton Summer Series

Rhona Lynch of Eagle AC
Winner of the Ladies section

1 comment:

aine corrigan said...

Hiya I lost a pair of black oakley sunglasses at the last ballycotton run. I think they were on top of my head and I took of my baseball hat forgetting about them . Was goig to ask John Walsh about them at the togher run but could not make it. They would have been on the ground in the first car park . I know its a long shot but I was wondering if you could put a shout out for me please ! PS thanks for all the work you put into this blog its great. My name is Aine Corrigan ainecorrigan@email.com