In this, the final post of the week, I'll look over a quick checklist and have a look at some other snippets of info. (Updated Sat 11am)
1) Don't forget your number on Sunday! When you are rushing about on Sunday morning, it's easy to forget. Tip.....put it into your gear bag now!
2) Try and car pool and get there early to get the closest parking spots. If you have a bike, consider bringing it.
3) No swapping of numbers!! If you are not going, don't give your number to anyone else. Do you want to be banned from future races?
4) No iPods, MP3 players, radios are allowed for insurance reasons.
5) Decide what are you going to do. Get changed in the Marquee and run the 800 metres to the start line or leave your gear in the baggage area by the start. Don't forget a change of warm clothes for after the race.
6) For those of you who are faster than average, stay well out of the way of the slower runners as they finish when you are walking back towards the race HQ. It's their big day as well, don't spoil it for them.
7) Consider bringing a hot flask and leave it in your car for after the race. When you're cold and tired, it really hits the spot.
8) T-shirts (Updated with prices Sat 11am)...if you are interested in buying one, don't forget to bring some money with you. This year, they will have the following...T-Shirts - Steel Blue (large logo)...€7
Long-Sleeve T-Shirts - Navy (small logo)...€10
Hooded Tops - Navy Blue (small logo)....€15
There will also be a variety of polo shirts (€10), T-shirts (White €5), etc from old stock (going cheap!). They also request that you bring the correct amount of money if you can.
9) Now for some trivia ;o) Out of the 3,200 people who have entered, 1330 of them were from Cork and were not members of any athletic club (..thanks to John Quigley for this one!).
The 5 clubs with the highest numbers are...West Waterford AC (87), Eagle AC (73), Midleton AC (63), St.Finbarr's AC (46) and Waterford AC (46).
That's it folks, the last post! If you have any queries, look back through the previous posts here or have a look at the FAQ list on the Ballycotton website. If you have any other questions, just click on that comment link below.
A final thanks to Tom Hartnett and John Walshe of Ballycotton Running Promotions for providing a lot of the info that I had in my posts over the last week.
And on a final, final....enjoy the day!! Have a good one................John Desmond