Google+ Running in Cork, Ireland: Guest Post: Happy Easter ...by Pat Walsh

Monday, April 01, 2024

Guest Post: Happy Easter ...by Pat Walsh

 ** Happy Easter **

Happy New Year

Hope you are all having a lovely weekend. Sorry it took so long to post.

The picture was taken of the sky this evening at the back of my house at 7.15pm.
It sums up where I am and my feelings.

Half light, half dark… But
The sun is shining through and there is life, light and hope.
Summer and Winter captured as the change is happening.
"I've been upside down
I don't wanna be the right way round
Can't find paradise on the ground"... Oh Wonder.

I have always believed the 1st of April should be the start of the New Year.
Weather improving, evenings longer and more time to get out and be active.
Better chance of an improved diet as well. Who eats a salad in January when we need chocolate.
The pessimist would say it has been raining since last July and I can’t argue with that.
The optimist would say it can’t last forever and we are due a good spell of weather.

I would say that you must take control of your destiny. 

You cannot let other factors affect what you do.

So officially in '#pwr mode' we are starting again tomorrow. Get up, get out, be positive, new start, new ideas, leave the negative feelings and negative people behind you.
Before you go to bed tonight resolve to do something positive to get out of the house and run, walk, exercise.

Enter for some challenge to give yourself a goal. 
Contact a friend to exercise with you, and to keep you accountable.
Leave the couch and the excuses behind you and go for it.
Let the sun hit your legs and arms that have been hidden since last September and smile.
Hope you had a lovely Easter. I must finish my Chunky Kit Kat Egg.
#pwr


No comments: