Google+ Running in Cork, Ireland: Guest Post: In Praise... by Pat Walsh

Monday, September 28, 2026

Guest Post: In Praise... by Pat Walsh

* In praise *

I didn’t get around to my usual Friday post this week as I was busy galavanting around Malaga on a late Summer break just to ensure the body was ready for Autumn.

The weather was beautiful and miles were walked in every direction.

Good to be able to go on holiday, have the health to move around and enjoy it. I tried a run early one morning but it was hot so it turned into a slow jog with stops for pictures.

I’m writing this post Sunday evening in a bad week for mixing politics and sport. I don’t have the answers and I always feel for those caught in a situation like this. Please no comments about this as I will delete them. 

It is ironic that I use Facebook to post my ramblings while the whole world of social media is turning into a toxic cesspit. Would it hurt anyone to just be nice to people.

Isn’t it lovely to be able to just run somewhere nice and actually forget about the world for a while.

Isn’t it great to get up in the morning with the health to be able to move regardless of pace.

Isn’t it marvelous to check the death notices and your name isn’t there.

We passed the Autumnal equinox this week and it can only mean we are heading for cooler weather. We had a fantastic Summer and we need the motivation to keep going, keep running, keep moving, get out and take part. I was home in time for Saturday parkrun and a great morning for running with temperatures a little lower, I sweated the beer out of me. Run, meet people, have a coffee. Keep it simple.


I bore the arse off Pablo Picasso. He knows very little about running and I know nothing about art 😃

#pwr

No comments: