Google+ Running in Cork, Ireland: Estonian President runs New York Marathon with Secret Service agents

Tuesday, November 06, 2018

Estonian President runs New York Marathon with Secret Service agents

Not something you see every day. Estonian President Kersti Kaljulaid completed the New York City marathon last weekend flanked by two US Secret Service agents.


The 48 year old had completed four half-marathons in preparation for the event and completed the 26.2 mile course in a respectable 4h 02m 40s.

The two secret service agents were seasoned runners themselves with 56 and 28 marathons completed. On this occasion, not only were they carry gels but they also had to carry protective and communication equipment.

One of the agents who is targeting the Philadelphia Marathon on November 18 said...“Running a marathon two weeks before a target race isn’t something you should do, but this was too good of an opportunity to pass up, and I knew I wouldn’t be running at a pace where I would wreck my chances of doing well at Philly. I figured it could work out where I could do my job and run in one of the great marathons in the world.”







 

No comments: