Google+ Running in Cork, Ireland: Norweigan Ultra runner runs 164 miles in 24 hours to set new treadmill record

Friday, October 12, 2018

Norweigan Ultra runner runs 164 miles in 24 hours to set new treadmill record


Norwegian ultra runner Bjørn Tore Taranger set a new record when he ran 264.5km on a treadmill over a 24 hour period. That is the equivalent of 164 miles and works out as 8 min 46 sec per mile pace (5:27 per km).

The event took place in the Norwegian city of Bergen and finished on Friday the 12th of October 2018. The previous record was 261.18km which was set in 2017.

After setting the record, he said....“I knew I had it in me, I was not in doubt. I knew that as long as I managed to get in my nutrition, follow the plan with the wonderful people here who have supported me throughout the night. That was awesome!”

No comments: