Wednesday, June 01, 2016
Some key points for the 2016 Cork City Marathon...
1) CHANGING Facilities....The Concert Hall (Men’s) and the Millennium Hall (Women’s) at Cork City Hall will be available for changing and leaving your bag for later collection. All bags must have a label (available in the halls) with your race number clearly written on it. Please do not leave valuables in your bag.
2) START & FINISH Lines...The marathon and relay start at 9am on St Patrick’s Street. The start area will be zoned into your predicted time for the race. The half marathon starts at 10.45am on Victoria Road.
3 TIMING CHIPS...Wear the chipped bib on the front of your shirt, as high up as possible.
4) WATER STATIONS & Energy Drinks...All water stations will be stocked with 250ml sports-cap bottles (every 3 miles or so). Lucozade Sports will be provided in cups at three of the stations, roughly at 11, 18 and 23 miles.
5) HEADPHONES:...While headphones are not banned from the race, you are strongly advised not to wear them.
6) TEAM RELAY...There are five relay stages, for teams of two to five individuals. Each team member completes their leg(s) before handing over their team’s wristband (you’ll find that in your race pack at registration) to their team mate at the fixed changeover points. The team member who will cross the finish line must wear the number prefixed by the letter E.
Stages...Team members may cover one leg each (in teams of five), or take two or more consecutive legs in whatever combination suits them. The relay legs are as follows:
•Start (Patrick’s Street) to near Silversprings Hotel: 5.2 miles (8.3km)
•Silversprings to Ringmahon Road: 5.5 miles (8.9km)
•Ringmahon to Victoria Road: 5.8 miles (9.3km)
•Victoria Road to Model Farm Road: 5.2 miles (8.4km)
•Model Farm Road to finishing line (Patrick’s Street): 4.5 miles (7.2km)
Getting to your Relay Changeover...A fleet of Bus Éireann buses will operate through the day to bring you to and from the outlying relay changeover points. The buses will leave from City Hall between the following first and last bus times:
Silversprings: 08.00 – 08.30
Ringmahon Road: 09.45 – 11.00
Model Farm Road: 10.30 – 13.30
The relay changeover on Victoria Road is a two-minute walk east of City Hall.
Additional info.....Alex O'Shea has plenty of tips and hints here... Cork City Marathon...A Runners & Supporters Guide
Posted by John Desmond at Wednesday, June 01, 2016