Monday, May 09, 2016
Results of the Munster Marathon & Half-Marathon Championships...May 2016
The Great Limerick Run doubled up this year as the Munster Marathon and Half-Marathon Championships. This is part of an 3 year arrangement between Munster Athletics and the Great Limerick Organisers. In previous years, the Charleville Half-Marathon was used as the Munster Half-Marathon Championship.
The one negative aspect about this years results are that the team results are for mixed teams. Instead of having proper results with a separate womens section, they just lumped the men and women in together which is a bit of a cop out. It's almost like they couldn't be bothered which will confirm to a lot of people that this championship is more about making money than really caring about a proper competition.
These are the medal winners from Cork...
* Munster Athletics – O40 Womens Marathon Individual Result
3 Helen Sheehan Female 63 F45+ 14 MIDLETON A.C. m 04:15:07
Munster Athletics – Men’s Half Marathon Individual Result
2 Brian Hegarty Male 2 M35+ 2 LEEVALE A.C. M 01:12:24
Munster Athletics – Women’s Half Marathon Individual Resut
1 Aoife Cooke Female 2 FOPEN 2 YOUGHAL AC m 01:19:46
2 Nollaigh ONeill Female 4 F35+ 1 LEEVALE A.C. m 01:21:17
* Munster Athletics – O40 Men’s Half Marathon Individual Result
1 Ronan Boland Male 14 M45+ 2 EAGLE A.C. m 01:20:12
2 Pat O Connor Male 15 M45+ 3 EAGLE A.C. m 01:20:35
* Munster Athletics – O50 Men’s Half Marathon Individual Result
2 Mike McGrath Male 125 M55+ 3 EAGLE A.C. m 01:33:36
* Munster Athletics – O40 Women’s Half Marathon Individual Result
1 Dolores Duffy Female 17 F45+ 3 WATERGRASSHILL A.C. m 01:33:12
3 Lisa Boland Female 77 F45+ 9 EAGLE A.C. m 01:45:38
Munster Half Marathon Championships
Munster Open Half Marathon
Munster Marathon Championships
Munster Open Marathon
Here are the results from 2015 when it was held in Charleville. Proper results with separate womens teams. Obviously it wasn't making as much money back then.
* Update...Tues 10th May...It would seem as if someone has made a pretty big mistake with the category results. See the graphic below. On the left are the categories as laid out before the race. It states quite clearly...Men Over 40, Men Over 50 and the same for women. On the right, you can see what categories can be searched on the chip timing website. They are broken down on M35, M45, M55...not M40, M50. Munster Athletics have based their M40 results on the M45 positions, the M50 results on the M55 positions and so on. It's the same for the marathon.