This new series on RTE television is starting on Tuesday evening, the 19th of June at 10:35pm.
Each of the six programmes is just under 30 mins long and each week, they look behind the scenes at several Irish athletes as they prepare for the Olympic Games in London.
• Robert Heffernan - a three time Olympian race walker who could finally achieve his dream of a medal in the Olympics
• Marian Heffernan, Robert’s wife, tries to qualify for her first Olympics in the 4 x 400m.
• Camilla Speirs, the bright young star of Irish Three Day Eventing who trains her own horses.
• Brian Gregan, a 21 year old 400m sprinter trying to make the breakthrough.
• Aileen Morrison, Ireland’s leading female triathlete and ranked among the world’s best.
• Mark Kenneally, a long distance runner who qualified for the marathon in only his third attempt at the
distance and all the while running a business full-time and getting married.
• Jamie Costin, the Olympic walker as he makes his way back from a broken back while helping out on the family dairy farm.
• Kenny Egan, his trojan attempt to win a place in the Olympic team is all captured on camera.
• Ciaran O’Lionard, the self styled ‘Bullet with the Mullet’ who has been cherry picked to be part of the
Nike Special training team in Portland, Oregon and has qualified for the Games at his first attempt.
• Kieran Behan, who fought his way back from being in a wheelchair to become only the
second Irish gymnast to ever to qualify for the Olympics.