Google+ Running in Cork, Ireland: Car break-ins near Pairc Ui Chaoimh...

Wednesday, February 08, 2012

Car break-ins near Pairc Ui Chaoimh...

Just a word of warning to anyone going for a run from the usual popular parking spots like along the Marina or elsewhere in Cork City. See this message from a runner based in Cork...

Just a word of warning about parking near the Atlantic pond / Marina area...I went for a 30 minute run along the old railway line last Thurs (in plain daylight!). I was only gone from the car for about 30 mins and when I returned, my car door had been opened somehow, the boot lever released and the thief had made off with my gear bag and contents. As there was nothing of any value visible in the car itself, I reckon I was being watched while changing as the thief just took my gearbag from the boot and left other bags etc there. Hope it doesn't happen to you!!

Apparently, there are problems along the stretch near Pairc Ui Chaoimh even during match days with large numbers of Gardai present. So take note.....be careful of where you park and leave nothing on display.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Gardai have put 2 signs in the Car Park on the Carrigrohane Road basically telling Runners and Walkers that 70 Cars have been broken into the past few months.

City Council will not install CCTV....Contact the Gardai in Bishopstown if you see anything suspicious.

DO NOT LEAVE ANYTHING VISABLE IN THE CAR....THIS IS A SMASH AND GRAB SITUATION....IF THE THIEF FINDS THAT THERE IS NOTHING IN YOUR CAR THEN HE/SHE WILL MOVE TO THE NEXT TARGET.

Anonymous said...

Harty's Quay is another area that has been targeted by thiefs....
Leave nothing visible in your car and the thief will move on.

Anonymous said...

Saw a car had a window smashed at that car park on the Carrigrohane Road last night. Worth heeding the Garda warning.

Anonymous said...

My car was ransacked while parked in the car park on the carrigohane rd. Although I did leave the keys under the tyre, so it was my fault, but still....
Anyway I was lucky, he was interrupted and nothing was taken except my keys.