The weather forecast for the 2010 Cork City Marathon was spot on with heavy rain in the morning and the weather improving about lunch time. While the temperatures were well down on recent years, the rain certainly didn't help. The large pools of water on the road were evidence of just how much rain fell overnight while the wind was particularly strong in places. The section along the estuary walkway in Mahon was especially tough with driving horizontal rain. You could almost feel the extra weight of that rain soaked gear. Whatever about the runners, it must have been tough on all of those stewards and volunteers who stood exposed in the rain for several hours, some long after many of the runners had finished.
The mens race was won by Sergiu Ciobanu in an impressive time of 2:25:54.
The ladies race was won by Lucy Brennan for the 3rd year in a row in a time of 2:54:41. To win a local 5km / 4m / 5m road race is one thing but to win a Marathon is something else altogether and to win it 3 years in a row is pure class.
The provisional results for the Full Marathon are HERE in PDF format.
The provisional category results are HERE in PDF format.
The provisional results for the Relay event are HERE in PDF format.
Photos......(Updated Wed 23rd)
Here are a selection of photos....
1) 508 photos by Paudie Birmingham of Mallow AC of runners between 3 and 4 hours on Patrick's Street. Click HERE
2) Another gallery of 575 photos HERE
3) Another gallery of 169 photos by Joe Doherty HERE
4) A huge gallery of 1364 photos HERE
5) There is a searchable collection of photos on the RacePix website
6) Another gallery of 366 photos HERE
7) Set of 694 photos HERE
8) Set of 172 photos HERE
9) Set of 178 photos at the Victoria Road Relay station
10) A set of 292 photos at the finish (3:04-3:24)
11) 56 photos before the start
12) The commercial photographs are now available from FinishLine Photographs. There is a huge selection of photos available......just check out the selection in the navigation bar on the left.
13) There is a gallery of 151 photos by Joe Murphy of Eagle AC HERE