It's time to clear the decks and concentrate on the Cork City Marathon & Relay!! Over the next few days, I hope to have loads of info on the event so keep checking back.
First off, here is some info about a fun event on next Sunday morning, the 6th of June........a race up Patrick's Hill!!
Here is some info...
In conjunction with the Cork City Marathon, there will be a friendship run on Sunday 6th June at 10:30 am and it's being called the "King of Pana" race. The start is on St Patrick's street, goes across the bridge and up St Patricks Hill (yes the one where Lance Armstrong got off and walked!) and finishes at the top of the hill. The distance is just shy of a mile but it has a cracking hill to make it a little tough!
The basic details are
1. Open to anyone participating in the marathon and especially to all the volunteers who are working the marathon. If they have space, they'll accept others as well.
2. Entry is FREE - yep a free race!
3. Entries will be taken in Mahers sports on Maylor street from 9:00 - 10:00 on the morning of the race) and are strictly limited to 250 entrants in this first year. Entries on a first come first served basis.
4. There will be some refreshments afterwards (probably in the Camp field at the top of the hill) and they would encourage people to being along old race teeshirts that don't fit to swap while they enjoy the refreshments and hopefully some craic. The whole idea of this event is to meet a few people and enjoy a very gentle pre race run. Leave your competitive side for the real race on the Monday!
5. There are no prizes for this race
There is no doubt about it...it might be short but it's a tough race! If you have ever driven up Patrick's Hill then you'll notice that it's steep from the start but about two-thirds of the way up, it get's steeper all of a sudden! You can forget about the mile PB's on this one ;o)
Who is going to be the 'King of Pana'???